Happy 4th Birthday! Wow! Four years old seems sooo big to me, especially when we were looking back at pictures from when you were born and realized that today you are wearing the same dress Lydda Grace wore when she came to meet you for the first time at the hospital. You are growing in so many ways and Daddy and I are so thankful that we get to be your parents and be a part of your incredible life.
At four years old you are energetic, spunky and quie stubborn. You love to sing and dance and play. I love to listen and watch as you talk to yourself and go about playing all sorts of imaginings throughout the day. You are certainly very creative. For example, you will take a chip clip from the drawer and pretend it’s your gum or I will hear you yell, “Mommy!” and when I respond you tell me that it’s one of your babies actually calling out for YOU!
You are very determined at this age. You want to do a lot of things yourself, or sometimes not at all and there are consequences for this at times. While you are learning how to do many things independently, we are also trying to teach you that needing help is a good thing, that we can rely on our family and come alongside one another to serve each other and that accepting that help, love and service can be a good gift!
What do you like to do at age 4….
- Coloring- you are quite good at coloring and will work for days on one detailed picture coloring every single bit of it.
- Reading- you love to be read to!
- Legos- you jump right in with Wade and LG to create all sorts of fun Lego creations.
- Star Wars- I never thought my 4 year old baby girl would love Start Wars like you do. Sometimes you’ll pretend you have a gun and are shooting storm troopers!
- Snuggly and panda- You have had these since you were a baby and still sleep with them at night (and carry them around during the day if we don’t put them away!)
- Ballet- you enjoy dancing in Miss Olivia’s ballet class
This year has made you a big sister and it is such a blessing to see how you love Boaz so well. You have had great models in LG and Wade and we are so thankful that the four of you are kind and loving to one another (most of the time!).
The coming year will hold lots of new things for you! You can’t wait to start choir at church and you are doing so well as we start doing 4K preschool work with you each day. You will continue to become more independent and will grow in knowledge, friendships and size! We can’t wait to see what this year holds!
Love and kisses, Mama